- The school follows the Handwriting Rescue scheme.
- All children practise their handwriting in handwriting sessions which are 10 minutes x 3 times a week.
- Small group daily lessons are provided in addition to, or as an extension to, phonics lessons.
- Until fine motor skills are developed children use chunky pencils, chalks and crayons to encourage mark making.
- Children have at least two teacher led sessions per week that follow the Handwriting Rescue scheme.
- Until fine motor skills are developed children use chunky pencils, chalks and crayon to encourage mark making.
Year 2 – Year 6
- Children have at least one teacher led session of between 10-15 minutes weekly
- Children then practise the skill in two further sessions that week.
- Children will use a standard pencil. When a child can fluently and neatly and use all 4 joins they will be given a pen to write with.